Monday 25 July 2011

Kobkun Thai Therapy

I'd promised I would blog about any good massages I have found in London so here goes!

Yesterday I was hunting for some good sales in Islington when I had the sudden urge to walk into Kobkun on Upper Street and ask them if they had a 60-minute massage slot available. They didn't have a slot straight away, I think I had to wait about an hour and a half, but there's plenty in the area to keep me entertained, the weather was lovely and I had Kathy Reichs latest novel with me so I decided to just hang around on Islington Green until the time of my appointment.

I've never actually had a thai massage before and I was a little apprehensive as I'm usually partial to the more gentle aromatherapy massage but it turns out it was just what I needed! After spending four days standing in the rain and running around in the mud at the Dour Festival the previous weekend, my legs and my shoulders were still pretty tense. My therapist dutifully unknotted every muscle in my back and stretched my legs in ways I'd never considered possible before. I came out feeling like I was walking on a cloud!

The price is pretty good too, I paid £55 for 60 minutes but during the week, the same massage would cost only £49. That's a bargain in London! And it's worth every single penny!

Definitely a place I would blindly recommend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment