Sunday 18 September 2011

Mid-season gloves

Life is pretty stressful right now. It's very busy at work and I'm about to move house... in a whole new city! Sleep has been a problem all my life but in stressful times like these, my insomnia takes a whole new dimension. That means I have a lot of extra time to occupy and I desperately need to use my hands to easy my anxiety.

I remembered seeing a knitting pattern in Making Magazine for a pair of lacy gloves. With autumn now approaching fast, a pair of gloves that's not too warm is just ideal. And I knew I had the perfect mohair-like yarn for this project in my stash so I got knitting.


The gloves are knitted on the flat and then seamed together but I think if I ever made these again, I would probably try and knit them in the round. I'm also pretty convinced that something doesn't add up in the pattern instructions for the left mitten so I went with my gut instinct and did the left mitten in my own way. It's turned out pretty well in the end! Now I can't wait wear them, they're so soft. I'm also thinking I might knit a matching scarf in the same lace pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment