Tuesday 24 January 2012

A not so monstrous sock-monster

After Christmas and all the presents making, I always have this urge to make something for me. So I've embarked on a big(ish) knitting project which will hopefully become a retro jumper. That will take me at least a month to make so to keep myself entertained in between knitting sessions, I need quick and easy craft projects.

I'd never tried my hand at sock monsters so I thought I'd give it a go. First I had to convince hubby that his unwanted Christmas socks would be best recycled as sock monsters. Once I'd accomplished as much, I set out to make my monster but me being me, I turned it into a cat, a not too monstrous one. I guess I just can't do ugly... well, not willingly anyway. 


It was both easier and harder to make than I initially thought but the result isn't so bad. I'm not sure hubby's convinced that that was the best use of his unwanted socks though...

No comments:

Post a Comment