Wednesday 1 August 2012

Granny shawl

Back in April I got fed up from being cold when sat at my desk and I decided I needed a shawl to wrap myself in. After a quick search on Ravelry, I found a pattern that was not only nice and easy but also quite practical as the shape and size of the shawl allows it to double up as a scarf.



After days of debating which colours from my humongous stash I was going to use, and using the random stripe generator to know which order I was going to work the colours in, I took my yarn and my hook to craft night and made a start. The shawl is made in a simple granny stitch so it's really easy. But for some reason, it's taken me this long to finish it. Maybe it's because I started it there but this project only ever seemed to make progress at craft night and we only meet every three weeks for a couple of hours or so. I'm glad I've actually joined two different craft clubs otherwise I fear the shawl would not have been ready for the return of winter! 


Even though the weather has cooled a fair bit, it's too hot at the moment for me to wear my latest creation. I might never get the chance though, my cat is very fond of the new shawl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment