Monday 3 March 2014

Crochet owls

When preparing for the birth of my daughter, we decided to go for an owl themed nursery. Shortly thereafter, owls became highly fashionable and they had invaded the high street. We have gone a bit owl crazy in this house and as always happens, people have started joining in by giving us all sorts of owl themed stuff, and I'm not just talking soft toys and gifts for the little one!

At Christmas, I was given two, very similar, owl crochet kits. In fact, I'm pretty sure that though they were sold by different retailers, they have been made by the same company.


In the olden days, when I wasn't trying to look after a toddler and work at the same time, I would have whipped those up in a week or less. As it happens, it took me a few weeks just to have the time to open the box! And another few weeks to complete both owls.

I must say, it wasn't helped by the fact that the instructions that came with them were shockingly bad. If I had been a beginner at crochet, I simply would not have been able to make the owls based on the instructions given alone. Lucky then I'm not a beginner and the end result is, in my opinion, pretty close to the pictures.


All in all, they were fun and colourful little projects and my daughter was keen to adopt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment