Sunday 1 May 2011

Happy Beltane!

Usually at this time of year, my husband and I would be in Glastonbury to celebrate my favourite festival, Beltane. We'd be staying at the lovely Chestnut B&B and eat and catch up with our friends at the Hawthorns. We would have been celebrating, chanting and jumping the fire at the Goddess Temple last night and gotten up at the crack of dawn this morning for some more chanting and dancing around the fire at the Chalice Well. All the Beltane merriments never fail to put a smile on my face for at least a week!




But this year is different, my beloved's work commitments came in the way so I am spending Beltane in London on my own (trust me, hubby will have a lot of making up to do for this one!). I think I'll make the most of the gorgeous weather and spend time in the garden or even walk to the park, I will try to connect with her through the land and the trees around me and let her speak to me. And all through the day, this chant will be accompanying me like a mantra:

"I am the goddess
I am the mother
All acts of love and pleasure
Are my rituals"


Happy Beltane everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment