Friday 29 April 2011

Metal Clay intensive - day 5

Whilst many people were crowding Central London or were glued to their telly to watch the royal wedding, Emma (the tutor), Paula, Elisa (my fellow classmates) and myself were concluding our 5-day metal clay adventures. 

The focus of today was adding gold to metal clay using different methods. We made another three pieces, in my case a pair of earrings and two pendants. 





I'm not a huge fan of gold but I must admit that used as an accent on silver, like this, it is rather pretty. 

I am sad the course is over, I had such great fun the past few days! It was well worth it though, not only have I come home with a real loot of beautiful jewellery pieces but my creative mind is exploding with ideas and I now have the confidence to carry forward on my own. 

I've made a huge dent in my budget buying all the required material so now I just need to make sure I keep some time aside in my busy schedule to keep practicing and creating!

1 comment: