Friday 28 October 2011

Bespoke lampshades

Ever since the Make Lounge started a class on how to make lampshades I'd been dying to make my own. Sadly our previous house didn't have any light fittings that would accommodate a lampshade. Our new Bristolian home however, does have 3 rooms which were in *desperate need* of bespoke lampshades!

I bought three kits and some fabric from the Make Lounge just before leaving London. And as soon as we had enough moving boxes unpacked to take the guilt away, hubby and I set off to make our lampshades.



The kit comes with everything you need, the metal frame, the backing panel, the tape, the tools. All you need is some basic crafting tools like scissors, a cutting mat, a ruler... It is also handy to have an extra pair of hands at the ready for some of the making process. The good thing about that is that for once, hubby and I could enjoy a crafting activity together. And yes, he truly did enjoy making our lampshades!

So here they are in their full glory:

English flowers for my hobby room
A more studious look for hubby's office

My favourite, the bedroom one

1 comment:

  1. They look amazing! Hope you're settling in well to your new Bristol home. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete