Tuesday 25 October 2011

Goodbye London, hello Bristol!

In early January of 2003, I packed up my life in Belgium to move to London and never looked back.

The UK has always given me this sense of belonging that no other country ever did. When I first moved over here, London was offering me all I could have ever wanted and more. Some eight plus years later, I'm still fascinated by this wonderful city. There have been days when I have felt tired of London but all in all, I never got bored. In fact, I can honestly say I've had the best time of my life so far in London.

But life moves on, circumstances change and there comes a time when one needs to make difficult choices. For me that means it was time to leave wonderful London to start a new chapter in Bristol.

Why Bristol? Well, the West Country is without a doubt my favourite region of the UK. The landscapes are beautiful and the people are just lovely. To hubby's despair, I'm a very urban person so as idyllic as it sounds, you won't get me living in a cottage in the middle of the British countryside. Bristol is a really nice city, with a bit of life to it and still within reasonable reach of London.

What really sealed the deal for us was finding a house which has a proper shed/workshop for hubby and a hobby room for me! I've spent quite a bit of time setting up my room and I love it. In fact, I love the whole house. We're not fully unpacked yet but somehow it feels really homely.

All I'm hoping now is that Bristol will live up to my expectations. It's still early days and I still have to find my marks but so far, so good.

I'll be posting pictures of my hobby room very soon so keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment