Wednesday 25 April 2012

My crafty husband

For the past few weeks, I have been working on a baby quilt and a baby coat and they're nearly finished. But I can't blog about them for some time yet because they are a gift to my best friend in Quebec so I have to wait until they've arrived at their destination, lest I would spoil the surprise.

So instead, I've decided to blog about someone else's crafty endeavours. As it happens, I'm not the only crafty one in this household, my darling husband is a keen baker and top notch DIYer with a particular passion for woodwork. If he could re-invent his career, I think he'd like to be a cabinet maker. 

I've always dreamt of having a herbs shelf in the garden. I haven't got very green hands but I love the idea of growing my own herbs and maybe a few fruits and vegetables. So, after years of me pining for a herbs shelf and with hubby having a bit more time on his hands than he's used to, he's finally got round to building it for me. And isn't it just beautiful? Even Miss Marple the cat gave it her seal of approval :-)


Talking of Miss Marple, she's soon to benefit from hubby's wood working skills as well. He's putting the finishing touches to a kitty shelter so the lady of manor can go outside as she fancies but still remain protected from the rain. She's not a spoilt cat at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment