Wednesday 11 April 2012

Getting Beltane ready: the Goddess shawl

My poor little blog is feeling quite neglected at the moment. I have been very busy making lately but I haven't been so good at writing about it. It's time for a catch up.

Beltane is only in a few weeks time and I can't wait. Of all the pagan festivals, Beltane is by far my favourite. It celebrates life, love, sensuality and passion. We usually celebrate it in Glastonbury where the entire town goes all out to mark the day.

Some of you may remember that my hubby's working commitments meant we couldn't go last year so this year is extra special and full of anticipation.

I can't remember how or where I came across it, but in early January I bought this pattern for a Goddess shawl which I think will be perfect. It's a really simple make and I crocheted it in just a couple of days. I picked a lovely yarn, Pattons Smoothie DK, in red, one of the traditional colours for Beltane.

Bring on May Day I say, so I can wear my shawl while dancing the maypole and jumping the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment