Tuesday 24 July 2012

Floating bracelet and necklace

I really ought to catch up on my blog posts! It's bad enough that I haven't been making as much as I normally would, the little I have made, I just haven't blogged about.

During what will now be referred to as my creativity block, I have experimented with more jewellery kits from the Beadshop. Two of them were for "floating" jewellery. That is bracelets and necklaces where beads just seem to be suspended on a wire. Rather elegant when it's well made.

This is what my experiments looked like:



As always, the kits came with everything you need bar the jewellery pliers.

I do think the result is pretty but the silver coloured wire is a little too visible to my taste. Also, the beads here are secured on the wire with crimps, which of course are visible. I own a similar necklace where the beads aren't secured in that way (I can only assume that they have been glued into place) and I like it better because it really makes it look like the beads are "floating". Ah well, something else to experiment with in the near future... 

No comments:

Post a Comment