Saturday 23 November 2013

Overnight headband

I think it's fair to say I love dressing up my daughter. And for a ten months old, she's already amassed an impressive collection of accessories, mainly shoes and headgear.

A lot of it has been bought or received but I've also taken great pleasure in stitching, crocheting and knitting hats and headbands for my baby girl. I think mainly because I haven't really got the time for big projects anymore and hats and headbands are so quick to make.

My latest creation was improvised one evening and finished by the next morning. With the festive season coming up, I wanted a red knitted headband to keep her little ears warm. I raided my stash and set to work but kept things really simple: one straight piece of knitting for the headband. Then for the bow, I started with the same width, decreased gradually towards the centre then increased gradually to get back to the starting width. Finally I knitted a tiny rectangle which I used to finish the bow and tie it to the headband. Add a big button and... doesn't she look glamorous?




1 comment: