Saturday 23 November 2013

Quickie bats

Okay, I'm obviously catching up and this is a properly belated post!

This year, I couldn't be bothered to carve a pumpkin for halloween, I simply had too much going on and I find hollowing the thing really tedious. I cheated and put a few halloween lanterns in the window. But then I thought it looked a bit bare and I felt I had to make a little something so I improvised with bits and bobs from my stash.

I found some polystyrene balls, bamboo skewers, black felt and a few sewing pins and decided to turn them into bats. Hubby and I learnt a lesson that day, don't spray paint polystyrene, the paint creates a chemical reaction that makes the polystyrene melt! I used a permanent marker instead to turn them black. Then I cut the felt into batwings, glued the wings to the skewers then pricked the skewers in the balls. Add a couple of red pins for the eyes, et voilà, a pair of bats, quick and easy!


Okay, they're not my most refined piece of crafting but hanging in the window, in the glow of the halloween lanterns, they looked pretty effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment