Monday 30 June 2014

Week 26: where did the week go?

I suddenly realised last night that the week was over with another one about to start and I have no idea as to where the time went.

Oh sure, I've been working and there has been a good amount of cooking and baking as well as the usual parenting but I can't really remember any of it. Clearly I have been daydreaming through the week and have completely forgotten to live in the moment. It's so bad that I've barely taken any pictures this week whereas I usually take loads, trying to capture every little moment of my and my daughter's life for posterity.

The realisation that I've let a whole week slip by unnoticed makes me incredibly sad. Where was I? What was it that distracted me so much that I've stopped noticing the little every day wonders that make our lives special? What have I missed out on? I just don't know. And that's a week of my life I will never retrieve, a week I've simply wasted away.

I need to get a grip on this. I know when you're busy surviving, it's not always possible to live life to the fullest. But going through life in a haze is such a waste, every day, every moment is precious and should be cherished. So I'm going to do my darn best to make sure I pay more attention this week. More attention to my surroundings, to my family and most importantly, to me, because it feels like if I don't, I might just lose myself. And that's a pretty scary thought!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post SJ, I feel like that a lot!
    Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete