Wednesday 29 June 2011

A pair of summer shorts... at no extra cost!

I desperately need a pair of shorts for the summer but I can't find anything suitable. I'm afraid my pins just aren't slim enough for all those skimpy little shorts in the shops! So what can I do?

Well, I just happened to have a pair of damaged jeans in my cupboard so I decided to chop them to make a pair of shorts. So far, pretty obvious! But then I started thinking that it would look quite nice to have a nice little trim to my shorts... so I had a rummage through my scrap fabric pile and hey presto, found a lovely flower print that would be a perfect match to many of my tops.

1 hour of chopping, pinning, pressing and sewing and voilà, a pair of summer shorts that didn't cost me anything and that are the perfect length for me! How cute are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment