Wednesday 28 March 2012

Feeding the addiction

If you've been following this blog, you'll know there is no denying that I am a crafts addict.

Since moving to Bristol, I have been on the look out for new "dealers", lovely little shops where I can buy all the supplies I need to feed this addiction of mine.

And so I have discovered Get Knitted, the biggest knitting shop I have ever seen and Shiney Rocks, a jewellery supplies shop which also offers classes. I've also managed to locate the nearest Hobbycraft and John Lewis and its (disappointingly small) haberdashery department.

What I haven't yet managed to find however, is a nice fabric shop. Sure, there's the rather imposing Fabric Land in town which sells a variety of fabrics and sundries at reasonable prices but it's not really "nice" fabric, you know, like the ones on the lovely fabric wall at the Make Lounge.

So when I was in London last week, I made a little detour via the Make Lounge. I wanted to say hello to owner Jennifer and whoever of my former colleagues was around and re-stock my stash a little - not that it was ever depleted, mind you! I found, as always, some gorgeous fabrics and took some home.

This lovely neutral set will soon become a baby quilt



Not sure what these will become but they are just so pretty, I couldn't resist




















On my way back to the station, I popped into Ray-Stitch which had only just opened when I left London. I'd not planned to buy anything else but I caved in for these colourful fat quarters.


So that's my fabric cravings taken care of for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment