Monday 7 May 2012

Baby quilt

You may remember that I had a bit of a fabric splurge the last time I was in London. Some of the fabrics I'd bought were with a baby quilt in mind for my best friend's little boy, born at the end of February in Quebec.

Based on the pictures I'd seen of it on Facebook, I knew the nursery was decorated in subtle tones which is what led me when choosing the colour scheme.

I debated for some time which size quilt to make and which pattern to use. The size was decided on with the help of the mums in my craft club. Apparently, a small quilt is quite handy when out with a pram so I went for 65cm by 90cm. I then made a few drawings but eventually decided to go with the simple pattern we used to teach at the Make Lounge.

I made most of the quilt in an afternoon and finished it a few days later by hand stitching the yellow edges. Here's the finished result:





No comments:

Post a Comment