Wednesday 23 May 2012

Memory wire bracelet

It seems I'm going through a patch of crafter's block. It's not that I lack the creative ideas, I have a list as long as my arm of stuff I want to make, but I just don't fancy making any of it. I think I may be suffering from an overdose of textile crafts. I've been knitting and crocheting and sewing an awful lot lately and I've just had enough. So my rose jumper lies abandoned in a corner and the granny shawl has ground to a halt.

Jewellery has always been my biggest crafting love so in an attempt to fight the block and get inspired again, I've dug up a number of jewellery kits I'd bought from The Beadshop a little while back. Kits are a great way to learn new skills and they shouldn't require too much thinking, just what the doctor ordered!

First up is a project I've been eyeing for some time, a memory wire bracelet. The kit comes with everything you might need, bar the jewellery pliers.


The instructions were really simple so I was ready to start in no time. And within 30 minutes, I was finished. I can't believe how easy it is to make. It's literally just a question of making a loop in the wire, stringing the beads and then make a final loop to close it. A great project for selling at craft fairs as it's such a quick make. It does require a fair amount of beads though so it would be worth considering buying them in bulk or wholesale to reduce costs. Here's the finished product:




No comments:

Post a Comment