Friday 15 April 2011

A little owl family

I need a pin cushion. But I don't want just any pin cushion. In fact, I really wanted to make my own. Whilst debating what type of pin cushion I was going to make, I came across this lovely little Buttonbag sewing kit.

It's a craft kit for children and whilst they're not meant to become pin cushions, I figured one of the little owls would do the job just fine.

The kit includes everything you might need: the patterns, the fabric, the felt, the buttons, the needles and thread and the stuffing.

As it's meant for children, it's all pretty straightforward and easy to put together. The materials were of good quality apart from the needles, one broke in two and the other one was pretty bent by the time I'd finished! I'm not sure I would want children handling those!

The finished product is adorable. But I am now faced with a bit of a problem... How can I possibly stick needles in one of those cute little owls?

No comments:

Post a Comment