Friday 29 April 2011

Metal Clay intensive - day 4

A day late but as I went straight from yesterday's metal clay class to supervising a lampshade making class at the Make Lounge, I couldn't post yesterday's work any earlier!

So day 4 was all about making rings, my favourite piece of jewellery ever. It was challenging, making a ring shank without breaking it is really quite an acquired skill! Also gaging how much the ring will shrink is tricky and unless you use special equipment, I guess there is no foolproof method.

There were three different types of rings on the programme but Emma, the tutor, was kind enough to take us through a fourth project.


We made, from left to right, a nested ring (one ring split in two parts that can be worn individually or together), a garden ring, a stone set ring on a wire shank and a pearl ring (the extra curricular project).

Here's a little close-up of each:



I'm really chuffed with those, especially the leaf and the pearl rings, they just look stunning! I don't think I'll ever buy a ring again, I'll make my own from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment