Wednesday 27 April 2011

Metal Clay intensive - day 3

I had another fun and creative day at the London Jewellery School, exploring the wonders of stone setting in metal clay, shame it ended with a thumping headache for me :-(

We made 3 pendants using different methods of stone setting. I'm particularly fond of my rose quartz pendant which is heavily inspired by my pagan beliefs. A perfect piece for the fast approaching Beltane!


The other two pieces are made using a glass cabochon and a cubic zirconia (sorry for the bad quality pic, my iPhone isn't coping very well with very small pieces). It was meant to be a blue cubic zirconia but it turned yellow when I fired it! Am I upset? no, it's organic, it has a life of its own, you can only guide it so far... and that's why I love it!


Tomorrow is the day I am most looking forward to as we'll be making my favourite piece of jewellery: rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment